Friday, December 9, 2011

Procrastinating, I mean planning...

I wrote out my weekend to-do list: holiday shopping, cooking, wrapping, holiday gifts to make, a neglected pile of laundry, another neglected pile of recyclables that needs to be sorted and taken off, and as always.. grading.  With that list staring at me, what did I do first?  Well, my mind began wandering past the holidays, through the winter and landed in the middle of spring. So obviously I started planning my spring garden! 

I want to add some new crops to the 2012 garden: asparagus, leeks, parsnips, grapes, sweet potatoes, some different varieties of squash, and some heat tolerant tomato varieties.  The one that's going to require its own bed is asparagus, which is going to require some rearrangement and possibly cutting back on some veggies.. eek! Here's my first draft of my spring garden, in December.  I'm sure there will be many changes in the many months before spring and the many to-do lists I will want to procrastinate!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! I hope it works the way you want it to. Usually I make lots of plans and never do them exactly like I wanted, but it sure is fun making them. Our two girls (1 8m and 8 m) are one of the unquantifiable factors along with weather, dogs, and the like. Still, it's sure fun along the way!

    ReplyDelete