Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Better Late Than Never Harvest Monday

My winter garden dream has come true.  I wanted to have fresh salad in December and that has become a reality.  I harvested a nice bowl of lettuce:


Some radishes:

Add my first fall broccoli harvest:


This head of broccoli weighed 4 oz.  I'm very sporadic about what I weigh.  It seems the crops that I'm the most excited about or those that I have waited a very long time for get the honor of being weighed.  This broccoli has been so slow.  I planted transplants at the beginning of September and I'm just now harvesting at the end of December.  Hopefully the next few weeks will bring more broccoli- its one of my favorite veggies!

To see what others are harvesting check out Harvest Monday at Daphne's Dandelions.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That sure looks tasty. Its nice of you to post your success. I'm hoping to have the same next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your harvest looks great - lovely quality produce.

    ReplyDelete