Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Belated Harvest Monday

Its that time of year where holiday activities interfere with garden time.  Yesterday evening was a Christmas dinner and ornament exchange party, so it was too late and dark by the time I got home to visit the garden.  I did bring home this cute little snowman...


Definitely no snow in the garden yet, it has been warm for December with lots of rain.  Today I did have a chance to get out in the garden and harvested a bowl of lettuce for salad...


Some radishes- a fat one, a little one, and a skinny one...


The peas are not looking too good.  The plants look fine, but the pods are shriveled and the outer skin is flaking off.  The peas inside are mostly small and pathetic.  As you can see I got one good pea out of the opened pod.  I assume it's the cold nights that the peas are not liking.


And finally, three little strawberries...


To see what others are harvesting check out Harvest Monday at Daphne's Dandelions.

5 comments:

  1. Your harvest looks nice. Its a little depressing on my side because our growing is in slow motion so there isn't anything to harvest yet. Its inspiring though, someday I too will have a fresh something or other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's difficult to get everything done once the holidays arrive. But it's still a joy to have something out of one's garden, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, strawberries in December? How cool is that? If it's been below freezing at night then I would say that's what's wrong with your peas, frost damage. And if that's the case how did the strawberries make it????????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm convinced I have crazy, mutant strawberries! I have no clue how they are still going. We haven't had a hard killing frost, but we have dipped down to about 27 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute snowman ornament!! Sorry about your peas. :( The rest of your harvest looks good.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete