Friday, February 3, 2012

Revisiting January Garden Goals

The first month of 2012 has already flown by and with my giant list of 2012 projects, it is time to see how I am doing.  

January Gardening Goals:
  1. Finish potting shed - the shed is functional with shelves and workbench, but I do want to do some painting and make it a bit cozier.
  2. Set-up my seed starting station - Baby seedlings are happily growing on the heat mats with hanging lights.
  3. Start seeds! - I started broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, leeks, head lettuce, onion seed, parsley, and Chinese cabbage.
  4. Build bed in front of potting shed - The bed is built!  I wasn't expecting to finish this in January.  I still need a fill the bed and then start planting in the spring, but the structure is built!  
 I also want to put something around the foundation of the shed.
Here's a side view:

  1. Asparagus - I ordered my asparagus- Jersey Knight, 25 crowns.
  2. Harvest and weigh winter crops -yep, I'm still thrilled about weighing harvests
  3. Plan spring garden - I've mapped out where everything is going to be planted and how many seedlings I'm going to need.  Now we'll see if I stick to the plan!
  4. Make seed starting journal - So far I've kept track of what I planted and when, hopefully I can keep up with this even when spring gets very busy!
  5. Clean and sharpen garden tools- nope!  This will be carried over to next month.
Whew!  I'm exhausted after realizing how much I did this month.  Not a bad start to the year!

6 comments:

  1. WoW! Amazing! Hearty Congratulations. You really did so much? I am ashamed; I need to learn from you. Your shade looks really cute and cosy :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what happened this month. I did have a week off work and it was unusually warm, so maybe that's how so much got accomplished. I don't think this is a normal for me!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your gardening projects keep you busy. I found you via Blotanical and am stopping by to say Hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love all the garden blogs you can discover at Blotanical.

      Delete
  3. Such productivity, and in winter no less, just think what you'll able to achieve in lovely Spring....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping this meant I got to take a spring off ;)

      Delete