- Clean up garden: I need to pull the eggplants and clean up the herb garden.
- Add manure to beds as they are cleaned up.
- Mulch: rake up leaves, get Jeff to mow them and add to beds
- Plant the winter garden: This is my experimental garden because I have no clue if seeds are going to germinate this late in the year, much less grow and mature. I guess I will find out!
- Cover beds: since I ended up getting much more row cover than I originally needed, I'm going to make a cold frame for the broccoli. The broccoli seem to be taking their time and I don't know if they are going to make it before it gets too cold. I may make another frame for one of the fall beds too.
- Harvest and eat fall veggies!
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Garden Goals: November
The days are getting shorter and the leaves are falling from the trees. Normally I would be done with the garden after the first frost, but this year I'm trying to extend my season. So, here's November's gardening goals: