There are big changes coming to my garden, but it was all so uncertain for so many months that I didn't want to write about what might happen and then have to retract my excitement. However, the changes are definitely going to happen and very soon!
But before I get ahead of myself there's some things to catch up on in the garden...
- I harvested my first ever leek! I've always been too impatient for leeks, but my garden neglect allowed them to actually grow to a decent size.
- Harvest total for 2012 was 241.5 lbs. I may have missed a few pounds here and there. My goal was 300 lbs, so I didn't quiet make it, but I was impressed with myself for keeping track of my harvests.
- Garden goals accomplished for 2012:
- Chalkboard plant labels
- Bee mason house
- Add flowers and shrubs to the front flower bed
- Grow sweet potatoes
- Plant asparagus
- Plant grapes
- Make garden fountain
- Make rain gauge
- Plant bed of raspberries
- Plant blueberry bushes
- Make bed in front of potting shed
- Set up seed starting center
- Finish potting shed
|Watering can and metal tub fountain|
|My DIY rain gauge|
|Domino hanging out in the potting shed|
2012 was a good year in the garden and 2013 is going to bring lots of changes, lots of projects, and lots of veggies (hopefully!). Last year my goal was to weigh my harvests; this year my goal is to not fall off the blogging bandwagon (again)!