Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard

We've been eating plenty of goodies from the garden this past week.  I made mashed turnips to go with lentil loaves (1).   A roasted swiss chard and potato cake that tastes better than it looks in the photo.   I followed the recipe, except the only cheese I had on hand was cheddar. With the potato harvest I couldn't resist making fries (3).  For lunch, I've been eating lots of cucumber sandwiches (4).  I love crispy fresh cucumbers with cream cheese and a few mint leaves.   The first pepper harvest was chopped with some onions (5) and made into quesadillas (6).  I also made a delicious blackberry cobbler, but neglected to take a picture while devouring it!



That's what has been cooking in my kitchen.  If you want to peak into other kitchens and see what others are cooking, head over to Thursday’s Kitchen Cupboard at the Gardener of Eden.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I bet that blueberry cobbler was great! I'm always forgetting to take pics of food that I make....especially when it's something really yummy! We just want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice - I'm particularly interested in that Chard and potato cake - but then I am obsessed with chard....

    ReplyDelete