Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard... Beets and Pasta

This week's dish is a bit of a random concoction.  I'm normally very much of a recipe person.  I like instructions and not too adventurous when it comes to cooking- trying to change my ways!

Here's my beet and pasta recipe (not much of a recipe- more likely loose guidelines):

First, I roasted the beets in a baking pan with about 1/4" of water in the bottom and covered with aluminum foil.  I baked them for about 45 minutes.  After they cooled a bit I removed the skins and quartered them.  I sauteed the beet leaves in olive oil and tossed with pasta.  I added the roasted beets, some cilantro, and sprinkled with mozzarella.


I love all the different beet colors.. yellow, dark purple, and red.  I very easy dish plus I ate beet leaves for the second time!

That's what has been cooking in my kitchen.  If you want to peak into other kitchens and see what others are cooking, head over to Thursday’s Kitchen Cupboard at the Gardener of Eden.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great recipe! I'm one of those cooks who just throws things together most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!
    I never made roasted beets. I will do it too! Should I use the whole beet on roasting pan or cut them first? Do you add oil to the pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the whole beet and left about an inch of the stems too. I just used water and covered the pan, but you could probably drizzle with oil and skip the water.

      Delete