- Make plant labels - ok, so this is the one project I need to do so that I can label everything as I plant.
- Plant sweet potatoes - This is my first year trying sweet potatoes. I'm going to try to grow them with my corn and see how that goes.
- Plant seeds outside: peanuts, beans, corn, beets, carrots, radish, swiss chard, sunflowers, marigolds, nasturiums, yarrow, borage
- Plant herbs: ginger, lemon grass, dill, sage, basil, chamomile
- Transplant: Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, melons
- Start woodland garden: There's a shady spot in the front yard that I want to convert to a woodland garden. This year the goal is to plant some shrubs and understory trees.
- Work on front flower bed: The flower bed looks lovely in spring, but the winter appeal is horrible. I want to add some evergreen shrubs and maybe an evergreen vine to make it a bit less dreary in the winter. There's also some spaces that need flowers to fill.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
April Gardening Goals
We are already well into April, so I guess I should get started on what needs to get done this month. This is going to be a busy month in the garden and also at work. I'm going to stick to the essentials, which is getting the seeds and seedlings in the ground. All those gardening projects are going to have to wait for when I have more time! (17 work days until summer break.. not that I'm counting ;)