Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Magic of Summer Mornings

Summers are a special time for me.  I teach, so I get to spend my summers at my own pace, enjoying the days and doing whatever I please.  The one thing I absolutely love about summers are the mornings.  During the rest of the year I have to move in the mornings to get where I need to be at the time I need to be there, but in the summer I can linger and enjoy the mornings.


What are some ways I savor my summer mornings?

  • I can take a leisure walk with my dog.
  • I can make a delicious breakfast with homegrown veggies.
  • I can linger over tea on while swinging on the back porch.
  • I can get lost in a book.
  • I can make lists of projects I want to do and work on them.
  • I can pour words into a journal.
  • I can take photographs in the perfect morning light.
  • I can peruse the garden, picking vegetables and pulling weeds.  

These are the magically mornings when anything is possible as the day unfolds.  It is filled with bees buzzing and birds chirping and unlimited possibilities.


Sadly, my summer mornings are coming to end for now.  I have lofty goals of getting up early to enjoy some of that magic of mornings even when work begins.  If that doesn't happen, I will always have next summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm decidedly NOT a morning person, although I wish I was. I have a feeling most of that has to do with staying up so late as the kids go to bed at around 9 (and often later in the summer), so only after that do I and my husband sit back and enjoy a show or two and I do some knitting, etc. So the summer, for me, means sleeping in :)

    Beautiful picture, btw.

    ReplyDelete