Tuesday, January 26, 2016

First Seeds of 2016

There may still be some snow on the ground outside, but inside spring is beginning!  I planted my first seeds for the spring garden.. Red Creole onion seeds.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has
been, I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed
there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.”

― Henry David Thoreau



No pressure itty-bitty onion seeds, but I do expect wonders out of you!  While I'm waiting for those seeds to sprout I will be dreaming of spring and a bountiful garden in my future.

8 comments:

  1. Doesn't that first seed sowing of the year feel great? I'll be starting my onions seeds soon too - just placed my order and with any luck, I'll be sowing them by next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first seeds of the season are always the best!

      Delete
  2. Well, it is amazing what you can grow in such cold weather. Good on you. Your blog looks great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you on top of things! With that positive attitude your onion seeds cannot help but do well! I have started thinking about making up carrot seed tapes but that is as far as I have gotten! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondered what you use to start your seeds in? Seed starting mix or potting soil and what brand do you like the best? I am getting the itch!!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I was planning on making my own seed starting mix this year, but I went to a farmer's co-op and got a large bag of Pro Mix seed starter for a good price. I've never used this kind before, so we'll see how it turns out.

      Delete
  5. Seems we are both getting ready for the new season in our regions.lovely blog see you in the forum

    ReplyDelete