Monday, May 19, 2014

Harvest Monday 5/19/14

My exciting new harvest for this week is peas!


The English peas haven't quite filled in yet, but some of the snow peas are ready.  I combined them with some onions and cilantro..


... and had a delicious stir fry.


Also this week I harvested some lettuce (4.6 oz) and radish (0.8 oz) for salad:


Using Google spreadsheet for my harvest tallies does automatically update (on side bar).  It is really easy to use and seems to have all the features Excel has that I need. I'm up to 0.88 lbs so far this year.  Hopefully harvests will start increasing over the next couple of weeks.  Although it's always nice to have something from the garden even if it's not very much.

That's all the harvests coming from my garden this week, to see what others are harvesting check out Harvest Monday at Daphne's Dandelions.

5 comments:

  1. Oh peas! How yummy. I just put the strings up for mine the other day. It will be a while before I have any myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My peas are trying to take down the netting I put up for them.

      Delete
  2. I am envious of those peas! Mine are not growing fast enough! Your salad looks delish! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stir-fry looks great! My pea plants are only a couple of inches tall, so I still have a ways to go. In fact, I haven't harvested anything this year yet, but I'm hoping that this week will be THE week that I finally start eating some fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only my second week of harvests for the year. The first harvest is always exciting even if it's not much.

      Delete