Monday, August 20, 2012

Harvest Monday 8/20/12

Time keeps getting away from me.  My every other week harvest reports are becoming a habit!  I went to visit family in Tennessee and then before I knew it the semester began.

Here`s some highlights from the last 2 weeks:

A yummy watermelon!

  Purple peppers with yellow pear tomatoes:


A typical harvest:


Another basket from the garden:



A pile of basil that turned into pesto:


Two week tally:

Carrots 3.3 lbs
Cucumbers 1.7 lbs
Banana pepper 0.6 lbs
Bell pepper 1.5 lbs
Yellow pear tomatoes 1.1 lbs
Eggplant 2.4 oz
Green beans 0.85 lbs
Watermelon 8.2 lbs
Tomatoes 2.1 lbs
Butternut 1 lb
Banana melon 1.9 lbs

Two week total: 22.56 lbs

Yearly total: 179.71 lbs worth $299.30

That's all the harvests coming from my garden this week, to see what others are harvesting check out Harvest Monday at Daphne's Dandelions.

Happy Gardening!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful harvests. Love the watermelon. It looks so juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great harvest. Are those beets or carrot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a carrot.. a purple dragon carrot.

      Delete
  3. That watermelon looks tasty. I haven't cut into mine yet; you've got me motivated to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous harvest and all those bright colors! Love the combination of yellow and purple side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow is that a beet or a carrot? Looks great and I love those purple peppers!

    ReplyDelete